For so many of us, hours turn into days and days turn into weeks and before we know it, we still haven’t spent any time on ourselves. Even all the retired people in GA who feel they have lots of free time, how many of you actually spend time alone with your own thoughts?
I call it my “crucial” time every day… living in a house full of boys and a very hectic school/work life balance I am always seeking ways to improve the quality of our together time. To do this I feel it is very important to always spend time with myself first and foremost…I get up extra early just to have that time to address my balance and adjust my mood and the energy within me.
It is so very important in this fast-paced world to allow yourself to fully immerse in you. Do you hide away from things you don’t like about yourself? Brush them under the carpet of our memory hoping it disappears. It won’t, unless you change your daily behaviour.
I practice reiki daily…even if only for 5 minutes I make sure it is as much a part of my daily ritual as my skincare routine is. This allows me to balance any negative emotions I may be feeling in that moment, channel them & breathe deeply and properly putting me on a higher vibration. It really is such an amazing energy and it’s hard to explain unless you experience it for yourself. what is Reiki? Simply beautiful would be my answer.
We all have people around us who can be quite toxic in their outlook of situations or other people for that matter, always being negative or horrible, it is easier to learn to have compassion towards these types when the reality is nothing more than the fact they are unhappy with aspects of their own personal lives but while they behave this way and give off these vibes their bad energy can spread onto us and if we are feeling on a low vibration that day, the consequences can bring stress & anxiety to our lives. I learned a long time ago how to deal with these types of energies around me and you too can learn it if you haven’t already, Afterall life is too short to be anything but happy!
Ways to bring the relaxation to your life-
- Mindfully awaken to your new day, take a nice deep breath and a big stretch when you rise, tell yourself you are wide awake and ready for the brand-new day.
- Take the morning to just “be” no electronics…just be at one with your own thoughts and feelings.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with your “to do” list…take it…break it down…prioritise what will be done for that day and what can wait and be done another day…and if your workload is too much, speaking from experience, when self-employed, don’t procrastinate…make sure you do have that to do list, and you will get through it at your own pace. I love ticking off my list and I make it manageable to suit me and my family. I coach myself weekly.
- When you feel irritable, take a little count in your head from 5 to 1 and exhale that emotion before it becomes a reaction…feel the feeling…and let it pass.
- Fuel your body with some friendly fuel, some friendly feel good nourishment- think ‘colours of the rainbow’ for your diet and you are on the right track…all natures good colourful produce.
- Walk for 30 minutes a day if you have no time to fit an exercise class in…the walk will be just as rewarding…30 minutes a day can reduce symptoms of depression by 36%
- Smile- even when you don’t feel like it…do it…it releases those happy chemicals to the mind…so even if it wasn’t a genuine smile at first, it soon will become genuine.
- Start each day with 3 things to be grateful for in your life.
- If you need that extra boost: write down some positive affirmations and stick them to your make up or bathroom mirror where you will have that daily reminder- I do vision boards, it’s part of my life coaching habits and a very good habit to have, over a 6 month period I create the vision that I want to achieve for myself…it doesn’t have to be “career” driven…some can be weight loss, fitness gain, holiday booked, habit broken. whatever your heart desires.
- Get creative: maybe you will enjoy doing the painting or jigsaw more than you think, I love a good jigsaw…it helps give me clarity when I have a mental block. Or you may love baking I find it is very therapeutic, but only eat a little, share that love and it wont all be wasted on your waist.
- Aromatherapy: everyday!! You all know it’s a personal favourite of mine- but that’s for the simple reason that it truly works…it is part of all my family’s daily life, our handwash, toothpaste, kitchen cleaner, diffusers, you name it, we use it…get with the blend you feel your body needs the most for that day, energised, relaxed, hormones balanced, digestion, whatever it may be. Any questions contact me, and I will happily assist and remember I do free 30-minute consultations for any health matters.
THIS IS VERY LIMITED FOR ALL YOU REIKI LOVERS OUT THERE
I AM TEAMING UP WITH MY FELLOW ENERGY HEALER AND WE WILL BE OFFERING A JOINT REIKI SESSION ON THE INDIVIDUAL CLIENT…THIS IS A TRULY AMAZING EXPPERIENCE NOT TO BE MISSED…LIMIT SPACES AVAILABLE
DOUBLE REIKI FOR ONLY 40 EUROS
ALL OTHER TREATMENTS & COMBINED TREATMENTS AVAILABLE