Spanish Omelette with Tosta de Jamon Serrano
Well this month after many requests, and especially for my friends Calvin & Judith, our recipe is a Spanish omelette! A simple and very tasty dish accompanied with Tosta of Serrano Ham.
1 kg potatoes
1 onion (optional)
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into thin slices and add season with salt.
- Peel and cut the onion into small pieces.
- Put plenty of oil in a pan, fry the potatoes for 4 or 5 minutes, lower the heat and add the onion, stir and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt. When the potatoes are soft, remove them from the pan and add to the beaten egg.
- Drain the oil from the pan and pour in the mixture of potatoes with beaten egg. Cook for about 3 minutes. Then with the help of a plate turn over the tortilla and cook for 5 minutes.
Tosta de Jamon Serrano Ingredients
- Toast the bread, rub garlic on it, grate the tomato, season with olive oil and salt, spread on the bread and top with a slice of Serrano Ham
Voila, a lovely typical Spanish dinner! Hope you all enjoy it. Mayka xxx