It’s been very hot the last few weeks. I don’t know how about you but after 16 years in Gran Alacant I still can’t get used to it. This month we are going to make a refreshing salad one of my customer has asked for. Salpicon de Marisco or Seafood salad. Hope you all enjoy.
Have a great summer.
Cooked octopus – 330 grams
Cooked prawns 400 grams
Cooked mussels – 100 grams (weight without the valves)
Surimi – 8 units
Red pepper – 150 grams
Green pepper – 100 grams
Chive – 100 grams
Olives – 80 grams
For the vinaigrette:
Garlic cloves – 1 unit
Salt to taste
Vinegar – 2 large spoons
Olive oil 4 tablespoons
- First, we clean the mussels, for this, and with the help of a knife, we pull the filaments that are trapped between the valves. In order not to tear the meat, we must pull towards the end where the two valves meet. In addition, we must scrape with the knife the crustaceans that may have adhered to the shell. Once we have them clean, we wash them under the water tap.
- We put to heat a little water in a pan. When it breaks to boil, we toss the mussels and cook until they open. At that moment, we remove the pan and discard the valves.
- We put the body of the mussels in a colander to drain the cooking water.
- Next, finely chop the chive and put it in a bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers and, after cutting them into very small pieces, add them to the bowl.
- Next, cut the crab sticks into pieces and put them in the bowl. We do the same with the octopus.
- Peel cooked prawns, chop them and add them to the bowl. We also add the olives and mussels. Mix all the ingredients with the help of a spoon.
- Now, prepare the vinaigrette, for this, finely chop the clove of garlic or crush it with the help of a garlic presser. We put it in a bowl together with the salt and the vinegar. Mix with the help of a rod.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl and mix well so that it is incorporated into the mixture.
- Once we have ready the vinaigrette we can serve our salpicón.
The prawns can be bought already cooked or cooked at home and the vinaigrette should be added just at the moment of serving the salpicón, if you do it too early, the vegetable will lose its crispy texture.
Have a great August x