Hello my friends, it has been a very difficult time for all of us all around the world, we must be strong and caring.
I’ve been lucky as I am with my family but many people are not. Look after the ones you love but also help the strangers as you don’t know what they are going through. I have been locked in the house and helping my sister with my 2 nephews and we’ve been keeping busy cooking sweeties. Rosquillas we call and they are also vegan.
Hope you enjoy it.
500 gr flour
250 ml warm to warm water
50 ml vegetable oil
25 gr fresh yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons of sugar
lemon or orange zest (optional)
icing sugar to decorate
sunflower oil for frying
- Put the yeast and salt in the water and mix well, until they have completely melted.
- In a bowl, put the flour with the sugar and the lemon or orange zest.
- We are adding the water little by little and we are kneading a few minutes.
- Add the oil and continue kneading until the dough begins to detach from the bowl.
- Let it rest in a place where no air currents pass, until it doubles the volume (approximately 30 to 45 min, since if it is hot it rises earlier, if it is cold, it costs a little more). What I do is put it in the microwave (not working, of course) or in the oven off.
- We take a piece of dough, we extend it, leaving a thickness of half a centimeter. If we do not have round molds to cut the circles, you can use a glass or a cup. I made the hole with a nozzle, but if we want, we can also not make the hole in the middle.
- Let it rest for about 30 min. plus.
- In a frying pan, heat up enough oil to fry and fry the donuts, putting them on a kitchen paper when removing them from the oil, so that they absorb the excess fat.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve both hot and cold
Enjoy all see you next month xxx