This month I have decided to make “scrambled eggs with turnip tops” or what we call “Revuelto de grelos con chorizo”. I’ve been talking to many of our customers and friends about how many of the Spanish dishes are similar to English dishes, but we may use them differently. This dish you may use for breakfast as well as for lunch and you can have many different versions with prawns, or blackpudding or whatever you prefer. This is my favourite one because it uses Galician products.
Hope you all enjoy it x
Ingredients for 2
few turnip tops
Step by step preparation:
- Wash and cook turni tops for around 20 minutes or until they’re ready
- Fry chopped chorizo in a dash of olive oil
- Add turnip tops and sautee for a while so turnip tops lose the extra water
- Whisk eggs and add chopped cheese
- Pour eggs and cheese mixture over the turnip tops and chorizo in the pan and scramble at a low-medium heat.
And that’s it!