Hello all, it’s been very hot lately and I don’t know about you, but I only feel like having cold meals these days. This month I thought, in order to cool down we could try to make a refreshing Red onion and Orange Salad!
Believe me! It’s so tasty, healthy and fresh.
Lets try it and enjoy!
4 ripe medium oranges, peeled
1 small red onion finely sliced
2 tablespoons of raspberry vinegar
6 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & freshly ground pepper
4 tablespoons of golden raisins, covered for 20 minutes in hot water, then drained
20 black olives, pitted
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons almonds, blanched and finely chopped
Sprig of fresh mint to garnish
- Remove the white pith from the oranges and cut the fruit crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange on a serving platter and scatter over the sliced red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon this dressing over the onion and oranges.
- Sprinkle with the raisins, olives, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
- Garnish with mint sprig and serve chilled!