First I would like to thanks every single one for all your support after the bad times. My parents and I feel we own all of you a big deal, the love and support you all gave us is incredible thank you so much!!!
We are going back to Galicia as you know (very hard decision) but my mum said she is taking with her so many son’s, and you all are more than welcome to come and visit us (not all together, please).
The cold weather is coming and last month when we were in Galicia we went to the oldest restaurant that cooks our traditional dishes and I had fabulous
“Merluza a la gallega”, so let’s start
Ingredients for 6 people:
1/2kg of hake steaks in 6 slices
500g of potatoes
300 g of peas
- Peel and cut the potatoes into thick slices and put them in a casserole dish to cook in a light stock.
- Add the white part of the leeks, cut into three pieces, the onion in its peel and a little salt.
- Allow everything to boil over a low heat for 8 minutes. Then remove the casserole dish from the heat and pour off the stock, reserving a little.
- Sauté the chopped onion and the garlic cloves in a frying pant with oil.
- Remove from the heat and add the paprika, so it does not burn.
- Add the bay leaf, salt and a little fish stock and heat again.
Put the fish in a serving dish with the vegetables and pour over the garlic mixture. Get lots of crusty bread and Enjoy
Lots of love