Gulas with prawns & Pork Tenderloin Pedro Ximenez
Christmas is here!!
I can’t believe that we have been learning Spanish recipes for 12 months already! I would like to thank everyone, Lou and Ged for thinking of me for this page and all of you for your support!
Of course, this month a typical Christmas recipe, although in Spain it depends on the province. The most typical is seafood as a starter and a meat or a fish dish as main course. Lets start!!! I have chosen two that are very easy. Gulas with prawns as starter and Sirloin of pork Pedro Ximenez.
Gulas with prawns
1 pack of gulas
250 gr of prawns
2-3 garlic cloves
- Peel the prawns, cut 1 garlic clove into slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry 1-2 cloves of garlic cloves and the chili.
- When the garlic is golden, add prawns and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sliced garlic and cook for another minute. Add the wine and gulas, cook for 2 minutes.
Pork Sirloin Pedro Ximenez
1 pork tenderloin (450gr)
1 glass of chicken broth
1/2 glass wine Pedro Ximenez
1 tablespoon flour
salt and pepper
- Trim the sirloin by removing the fat and cut into medallions.
- Season medallions and seal in a pan with a little bit of oil and reserve.
- Peel and cut the onion and in the same pan fry the onion.
- When the onion is soft, add 1 table spoon of flour.
- Fry flour for few seconds, add the wine and the broth.
- Add the pork back in the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve with roast potatoes, peas and mushrooms.