We are living in very disconcerting times lately and for some that suffer from panic attacks it can be even worse with all this negativity in the world at the moment.
Panic attacks occur during periods of acute anxiety and there are literally millions of people who suffer with this. The symptoms give feelings of intense panic which induce hyperventilating, thus causing light-headedness and tingling in the fingers and toes caused by a reduction in carbon dioxide in the blood, they have a huge variety of causes, mostly based on fears and phobias, but some sufferers still can’t pin point the reason they are having them. Attacks are hugely linked to adrenal exhaustion and low blood sugars, as much as the causes are all mind related there are several changes you can make to your diet and lifestyle to prevent them from recurring.
You are what you eat …
Any tinned or pre-packaged foods should be avoided. They are high in salt, which can increase your blood pressure.
Avoid stimulants, caffeine, refined sugar, and alcohol, which can all, trigger mood swings and disrupt the blood sugar levels.
Eat more calming foods like sweet potatoes, wholewheat pasta, brown rice, lentils, beans, porridge, peppers, mushrooms, lettuces, vegetables; these foods are slower release carbohydrates, which are essential for stabilizing blood sugar levels.
Eat small meals regularly and never skip a meal.
- Sip on water regularly throughout your day, the subconscious mind relates a dry mouth with danger, which can easily trigger an attack.
- Taking a good high-strength B-complex daily to help support your nerves and also taking vitamin C daily with meals aids the balance.
- Regular exercise reduces stress and builds confidence. Even if it’s a 30min walk daily… it’s a step in the right direction.
- Aromatherapy massage with calming oils is proven to be very effective in relaxing sufferers.
- Tapping (E.F.T. emotional freedom technique) is a great way of stopping the attack in its track. Tapping on the acupressure areas has been scientifically proven to work great, tapping changes the signals to the brain, quickly reducing it.
Neuro Linguistic Programming both hold very valuable lessons for the sufferer, not only would you feel much calmer & confident you are also given the “tools” on how to deal with them whilst on your own. An invaluable gateway to anyone feeling suffocated by these attacks.
For any more information on food to eat, helpful supplements, holistic treatments, Hypnotherapy etc please do not hesitate to get in touch…
Stop your attacks…always!
Free no obligation consultation always available by appointment.
October special Offer:
ANXIETY PACKAGE: combining a mixture of coaching, NLP & hypnosis…inc. consultation & 4 sessions only €200
*available online or within The Reiki Room
Reflexology & Aromatherapy Back, Neck & Shoulder massage using
calming oils with free sample oil only €30