Hi all, is it just me or this summer doesn’t want to leave?
I’m so ready for the winter dishes! My favorite food is warm and comfy. Since it’s still very warm out there we are going to make a simple and delicious Purée that is also suitable for vegetarians by simply not using the ham.
Hope you all enjoy xxx.
500 grs of fresh thick asparragus
1 medium potatoe
50 grs of Iberian acorn ham (or any nice ham you can get, serrano would be also nice)
salt and ground black pepper
- Wash the asparagus and cut all the dry ends. Keep 12 tender tops aside and cut the rest down. Clean and wash the leek. Cut it and put aside. Peel, wash and cut the potato and boil together with the leek in 1 and 1/2 litres of salty water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the onion. Use another sauce pan, add some olive oil and sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Add the asparagus, season with salt and ground black pepper and sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Add the sauce pan ingredients to the boiling pot with the leek and potato and boil for 5 minutes.
- Sauté the rest of the tender asparagus tops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reserve. Use a blender to get a puree out of the pot ingredients.
- Serve in bowls and add the asparagus and ham cut in small pieces on the top.