Hello everyone, Easter is already here, the last month of a long winter so as someone suggested to me we will make our last winter dish “Fabada Asturiana” a famous meat and bean stew.
Hope you enjoy it, Mayka xxx
400gr white or butter beans
200gr pork shoulder
200gr smoked black pudding (morcilla)
6-8 garlic cloves
2 bay leafs
1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- First of all, let the beans soak overnight in a bowl of cold water.
- Next day, place the beans in a pan, bring to the boil for a minute and drain the beans. After the beans had been drained, return them the pan. Add the pork, chorizo, chopped onion, peeled garlic cloves and bay leaves.
- Cover well with water and a touch of cider if you like (optional), bring to the boil and then put into a very low simmer.
- Add the paprika and the saffron. Stir and leave to simmer for 2 hours stirring the pan occasionally.
- After 2 hours, add the Morcilla and cook for another 20 minutes. Serve very hot and with some crusty bread.
Have a lovely Easter x